8/14/2013

The Only Organic Cotton Tote Bag You Will Ever Need: Sturdy, Adorable, and Lightweight!

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the world's greatest organic cotton tote bag. They'll be available for sale in my Etsy shop before the week is out!

I posted a photo of these totes in progress on Instagram a while back (though I'd had the fabric set aside for them for about three years lol), and they were delayed by the move south. But here they are, in all their glory! I'm so happy with the way they turned out. I drafted the pattern myself and it was a lot of work! 

 I modeled their construction after a tote bag I've had for years and years, and it's always my favorite one to bring with me out of the huge pile I own. The main bodies of these bags are made from organic cotton canvas (Check out my cute little tag!). The outer shell is quilting fabric, double-stitched and independently seamed from the body for maximum strength. This makes it so the bag doesn't need a lining so it can be folded up and tucked in your purse:


 My new sewing machine has tons of cute decorative stitches and I couldn't resist using them on the tops of the bags! Each one is different to coordinate with the quilting fabrics. Also, the handles are very important: They stand 6 inches tall and are about an inch wide, making them incredibly comfortable no matter how much heavy stuff is in the bag. No more handles cutting into your hands! And speaking of heavy stuff, you'll never have a broken handle again because I double-stitched them down and reinforced the back side with rip-stop vinyl:


 The seams inside are all bound off to prevent fraying and there's a nice gusset at the bottom so the bag can sit flat:

 I'm in love with them! In the one pictured above was a huge heavy magazine, a bottle of wine, a can of tomatoes, a jar of pesto, a tin of tea, and a bunch of lavender. These hold a lot, and they're smaller than traditional grocery bags. The first one pictured with the cream canvas and dots has already been snatched up by a visitor to my studio space (That was my favorite one too!), but look at all these lovelies I will be listing:

If you'd like more info or to pre-order them please email me at ohthecuteness@hotmail.com! I'll post an alert when they go live in the shop on here as well as my Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter so be sure to follow me for updates!

1 comment: